|Photo: Melissa Donald|
Fashion consultant Chris Fulkerson of VIP Studio shows you how to bring your personal style to life without sacrificing sophistication.
Models: Lisa Workman, 63, and Harold Workman, 65
- A jacket that has one large button instead of many smaller buttons is easier to fasten if you have arthritis or joint pain.
- Always choose color. “Pink, orange, or green are playful, lighthearted colors that make you look and feel younger,” Chris says.
- Three-quarter length sleeves make you look taller and slimmer.
- Harold, who is newly retired, wore business attire every day and likes the idea of incorporating dressier jackets into his wardrobe. This jacket also can be worn with jeans.
- Boot cut pants make your hips look smaller.
- Try cowboy boots. Their low heel makes them more comfortable, and they’re stylish.
Learn more in our summer issue of Today’s Transitions.