Do you ever find yourself having too many bananas in your bundle and there’s just NO way you can eat all of them before they go bad? Well.. do I have a delicious recipe for you. Banana Nut Chocolate Chip Bread is calling your name.
- 3-4 over ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 whole egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut shavings
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line your 9×5 loaf pan with wax paper.
- Mash bananas until smooth consistency. Add in melted butter.
- Beat your egg and egg yolk.
- Add in the remaining ingredients – except for the nuts, chocolate, and coconut – and mix until batter is smooth.
- Fold in the nuts, chocolate chips, and coconut.
- Pour into loaf pan, top off with some more of the nuts, chips, and shavings and bake for about 50 minutes, until passing the toothpick test.
- Enjoy warm with some butter!