If summer has your emotional temperature too high, be intentional about stopping, resting, and recharging. Here are some suggestions for “cooling off” this summer in Louisville:
• Visit Dairy Del at 1516 South Shelby Street for a soft serve treat.
• Purchase a day pass at the Omni Louisville Hotel and rent a cabana for lounging.
• Imagine yourself in Giverny, France, when you go to see Claude Monet’s Nympheas painting at the Speed Art Museum.
• Take in a Bats game at Louisville Slugger Field on a Wine Slushy Wednesday or Game Time Happy Hour Thursday.
• Dance your summer stress away at a free Waterfront Wednesday concert.
• Visit the Louisville Zoo and spend time watching the slowest animals on exhibit to remind yourself to stop and breathe.
• Put on your swimsuit, grab your floatie, and head to Falling Rock Park in La Grange, Kentucky to bask in the sun for a bit.
By Carrie Vittitoe