Not sure what to do with the extra time you have? Here are some ideas for calming your mind and helping you enjoy the spring season.
- Look after your physical health. Eat nutritious meals, get adequate rest, and exercise regularly. In addition to safeguarding your overall health, these measures will help ward off depression.
- Take things one day at a time so you don’t get overwhelmed. Plan your days so you don’t have too much free time on your hands.
- If you don’t like coming home to silence, leave the television or radio on when you go out.
- Do things that bring inner peace, such as meditating, praying, reading something uplifting, listening to music, or spending time in nature.
- Cultivate some solitary pastimes. Take up crossword puzzles, woodworking, gardening, writing, or sketching. Learn to enjoy your own company.
- Stay in contact with your friends. Plan daily conversations with your friends and family to let them know you care and to keep your morale high.
- Use FaceTime, Skype, or Zoom. These apps allow you to communicate with your loved ones in real time. If you’ve haven’t mastered either of these types of technology, opt for sending text messages instead. Find out more about how to use these apps.