Temperatures are dropping, Sunday football is playing, leaves are changing — fall is here in Kentuckiana. Let’s make a delicious pot of creamy and sweet corn chowder!
- 8 ears of fresh corn
- 1 pound of red potatoes
- 2 cups of chopped carrots
- 1 diced onion
- ½ tbsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup of flour
- 2 tbsps butter
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp thyme
- 5 cups of chicken broth
- 8-10 slices of bacon
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Salt & pepper
- Diced jalapeño
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Dice bacon and cook on stove top until crispy. About 10 minutes. Remove pan from heat, drain, and transfer to plate with paper towel. Set aside for topping.
- Slice potatoes and remove corn kernels from cob with a knife. Set aside.
- Chop and dice the corn and onion
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, melt 1 tbsp of butter with the garlic, thyme, and chili powder.
- Saute the onion and carrots. Add in remainder of butter and flour. Stir together.
- Pour in broth, corn, and potatoes. Boil for about 15 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Blend with immersion blender until desired texture.
- Add in Greek yogurt, bacon, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy with cheese and jalapeños as toppings!