Gift Idea #10: The Gift of Movement
Your loved one will feel better if he or she gets moving. During the middle of COVID-19 is not the right time to get into group training, but it might be the perfect time to help your loved one find a positive way to move.
Here’s a few ideas to get you going.
- The Parkinson Support Center of Kentuckiana offers a list of exercise and activity classes.
- Hire a personal trainer to meet for a few sessions.
- Buy golf lessons (it’s not too late).
- Or try learning the game of Pickleball – a great game at any age. Many local organizations offer Pickleball courts for playing and taking lessons.
- YMCA of Greater Louisville: play Pickleball with a YMCA membership.
- Reserve a Pickleball court at Jewish Community Center, or sign up for a membership with many other class offerings.
- Sign up for Pickleball lessons or a membership at Louisville Sports Academy.
- Join a Pickleball league at Louisville Indoor Racquet Club. Pickleball clinics and private lessons also offered.
- Set up some online (some free) classes on your loved one’s computer. Here are some recent articles to check out:
Virtual Fitness Classes from Parkinson’s Support Center, Pilates Village, and the University of Louisville Trager Institute and the Republic Bank Foundation of Optimal Aging Clinic.
See the next page for Gift Idea #11.